Where: KSPG, Albert Whitted Airport, St. Petersburg, Florida
FBO: Sheltair – 727-824-2880
Date/Time: July 9th arrive by 11:30 am.
Hosts: Guy and Heidi Warner
Guy Warner, firstname.lastname@example.org
GOPA Fly-in – St. Petersburg, Florida
Albert Whitted Airport - KSPG/Sheltair FBO
Saturday, July 9th – Hangar Restaurant – 11:30 am
Hosted by: Guy and Heidi Warner
Come for lunch and fellowship, stay for the day. Or for the weekend if you want. There’s plenty to do in St. Petersburg!
Please, let me know if you are coming for the luncheon with your airplane information, head count and your contact information (i.e. Cell number) by July 7th. Thanks!
A few activities and attractions nearby the airport
- · The Salvador Dali Art Museum – immediately adjacent to the airport. The Dali museum features surrealistic art paintings by Salvador Dali and others. The museum has immersion experiences, very knowledgeable docents, and over 900 glass panels that are an integral part of the building architecture. Admission: $25 – adults, $23 – seniors, $10 – youth.
- · The James Museum of Western and Wildlife Art – (a personal favorite) – walking distance = 0.5 miles, or about 10 minutes from airport. Featuring fantastic life size, and larger, bronze sculptures with one so large it had to be put in place and the building put up around it. Paintings by well-known western artists, beautiful jewelry, and much more. There will also be a special traveling art exhibit by Ansel Adams and Clyde Butcher on the theme of America the Beautiful running through July 31st. Admission: $20 – adults, $15 – seniors, Free – child, other discounts apply.
- · St. Pete Pier – walking distance = 0.8 miles, or about 15 minutes from airport. A very picturesque waterfront pier featuring 26 acres of unique architecture, sloping grass areas, splash pads, kayak rentals, restaurants, ice cream shop, specialty shops and unique art exhibits.
- · MLB baseball game featuring the Tampa Bay Rays vs the Orioles– 4:30 pm, at Tropicana Field (totally enclosed and air conditioned Stadium) – Free trolley ride from downtown St. Pete to the stadium and return.
- · Nightlife around downtown St. Pete is similar to that of South Beach in Miami with sidewalk seating around cafes, musicians, and people strolling by.
Getting around the Area
There is a free step-on, step-off trolley that loops around the downtown area of St. Pete, known as the “Looper Trolly.” One of the stops is on the street in front of the Hangar restaurant. The trolley passes by every 15 – 20 minutes.
- · Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront hotel – walking distance = 0.2 miles, or about 5 minutes from airport.
- · Others include: Courtyard Marriott and the Hampton Inn and are listed as stops for the Looper Trolley
For additional information, GOOGLE any of these attractions, and so much more. Hope that I have piqued your interest!